Ingredients for Indian Cream of Tomato Soup:
- 1½ lb ripe tomatoes,chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped lemon grass
- 2 curry leaves
- 2" fresh ginger,peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 fl oz water
- 4 fl oz single cream
- 1 pt milk
- 1 tsp ground roasted cumin seeds
- pinch ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Directions for making Indian Cream of Tomato Soup:
- Put the tomatoes, lemon grass, curry leaves, ginger, salt and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat,
cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, increase the heat and simmer more rapidly for another 15 minutes.
- Puree in a liquidiser then sieve. You should have about ¾ pt thick tomato juice.
- Add the cream, milk, cumin seed, black and cayenne pepper and the lime or lemon juice. Stir together well and reheat gently without boiling.
- Serve garnished with freshly chopped coriander.
- Enjoy your Indian Cream of Tomato Soup. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Corn Soup with Vegetables, Green Peas Skin Soup, Indian Cream of Tomato Soup recipe , Lentil and Vegetable Broth, Lentil Soup, Mangalore Rasam recipe , Moong Soup With Paneer, Rasam Masala recipe
Go to Top