Health Information: Pulses are an important source of protein containing twice as much protein as the same weight of
cereals. The combination of cereals and pulses provides protein of high biological value.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes.
Ingredients for Lentil Soup:
- ¾ teacup masoor dal (washed)
- 3 sliced onions
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- salt to taste
Directions for making Lentil Soup:
- Heat the oil and fry the onions for 1 minute. Add the garlic and chilli powder and fry again for ½ minute.
- Add 6 teacups of water, the tomatoes, masoor dal and salt and cook in a pressure cooker till the first whistle.
- When cooked, blend in a mixer.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with lemon juice and garnished with boiled rice.
- Enjoy your Lentil Soup. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Corn Soup with Vegetables, Green Peas Skin Soup, Indian Cream of Tomato Soup recipe , Lentil and Vegetable Broth, Lentil Soup, Mangalore Rasam recipe , Moong Soup With Paneer, Rasam Masala recipe
Go to Top