Try out this unusual soup with moong dal stock.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8
Ingredients for Lentil and Vegetable Broth:
For the stock
- 2 tablespoones moong dal
- 2 onions
- 2 large tomatoes
For the topping
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ teacup shredded cabbage
- ½ teacup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons baked beans or tomato ketchup
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon oil salt and pepper to taste grated cheese to serve
Directions for making Lentil and Vegetable Broth:
- For the stock- Cut the onions and tomatoes into big pieces.
- Add the moong dal and 6 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
- When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomato, salt and pepper and give one boil.
- Enjoy your Lentil and Vegetable Broth. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Corn Soup with Vegetables, Green Peas Skin Soup, Indian Cream of Tomato Soup recipe , Lentil and Vegetable Broth, Lentil Soup, Mangalore Rasam recipe , Moong Soup With Paneer, Rasam Masala recipe
Go to Top