Mangalore rasam is a South Indian soup.
Ingredients for Mangalore Rasam:
- 1/2 cup Tuvar dhal (thuvaram paruppu)
- Tamarind - lime size.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Green chillies
- 3 tsp Rasam Powder
- 2 tsp Sugar - 2 teaspoon (optional)
- 1 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- 1 Red Chilli - 1
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Black gram dhal - 1/2 teaspoon
Directions for making Mangalore Rasam:
- Pressure cook tuvar dhal with one cup of water and a pinch ofturmeric powder for ten minutes - when cold, mash well.
- Soak tamarind in two cups of water for ten minutes, squeeze and
strain out the liquid.
- Boil tamarind water with turmeric powder, slit green chilli, tomatoes (chopped) salt and sugar till the raw smell of tamarind disappears and the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the mashed dhal, two and a half cups of water, and the rasam powder and boil for five minutes till slightly thick.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves. Remove from fire.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the mustard seeds, red chilli and black gram dhal. When mustard seeds splutter add hing powder.
- Pour the seasoning over the rasam.
- Serve rasam hot with steaming rice and papads.
- Enjoy your Mangalore Rasam. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Corn Soup with Vegetables, Green Peas Skin Soup, Indian Cream of Tomato Soup recipe , Lentil and Vegetable Broth, Lentil Soup, Mangalore Rasam recipe , Moong Soup With Paneer, Rasam Masala recipe
Go to Top