Tomato Soup is a yogurt based staple South Indian dish usually served with rice.
Ingredients for Tomato Soup:
- 600 gms Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Whole garam masala
- 2 Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Chopped green coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Green chili
- Salt As per taste
Directions for making Tomato Soup:
- Wash and cut tomatoes into quarters
- Cook tomatoes with chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies cut into two and Whole Garam masala. Add 5 cups of water
and bayleaf. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for twenty minutes on a slow flame until tomatoes are mashed completely.
- Strain the mixture with a soup strainer.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let them crackle. Add strained tomato liquid and season with salt.
- Bring it to a boil, add sugar if it is very sour.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped green coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your Tomato Soup. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Corn Soup with Vegetables, Green Peas Skin Soup, Indian Cream of Tomato Soup recipe , Lentil and Vegetable Broth, Lentil Soup, Mangalore Rasam recipe , Moong Soup With Paneer, Rasam Masala recipe
Go to Top