Aloo Dum (Potatoes in Masala Sauce) is North Indian vegetarian dish. This curry tastes good with any kind of indian bread (chapathis, nans, rotis).
Ingredients for Aloo Dum:
- 10 small potatoes
- 3 medium sized onions
- 2-3 tbsp shredded coconut
- A small piece of ginger
- 4-5 green chilles
- 2-3 cardammom pods
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 tsp dhania(coriander) powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying the potatoes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil/ghee(clarified butter)
Directions for making Aloo Dum:
- Boil the potatoes. Peel them and prick the potatoes with a fork.
- Fry the potatoes in hot oil till they turn slightly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and fry the onions to light brown. Grind the coconut, poppy seeds, cardamon, ginger and green chillies to a paste.
- Add the paste to the onions. Fry till the oil seperates.
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder and dhania powder and stir for 5 mins.
- Add the yoghurt, salt and the fried potatoes.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes and simmer till the gravy is thick for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
- Eat with chapathi/nan.
- Enjoy your Aloo Dum. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top