Time required: 35 minutes
Ingredients for Aloo Gobhi Methi Ka Tuk:
- 4 (500 g) large potatoes with skin
- 200 g fenugreek
- Salt to taste
- 5 tbs (75 ml) oil
- 2 g mustard seeds
- 24 curry leaves
- 20 g ginger paste, strained
- 10 g garlic paste, strained
- 800 g cauliflower, cut into medium sized flowerettes
- 1 tsp (9 g) yellow chilli powder
- 1 tsp (9 g) amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) cummin powder
- 1/2 tsp (1.5 g) fresh black pepper powder, coarsely ground
- A generous pinch of kasuri methi
- For the garnishing: 30 g fresh pomegranate seeds
Directions for making Aloo Gobhi Methi Ka Tuk:
- Quarter the potatoes and then halve each quarter lengthwise. Blanch in salted boiling water until al dente (almost cooked, but not soft and squishy). Drain and keep aside.
- Sprinkle salt over the fenugreek and rub between the palms to reduce some of the bitterness. Wash in running water, drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or wok and season with mustard seeds. When they crackle, add curry leaves. Stir for some time.
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste. Stir-fry until the moisture evaporates. Then add fenugreek and stir for a few seconds.
- Add cauliflower, yellow chilli powder and salt. Stir well.
- Lower the heat. Cover and cook (for about six minutes) until al dente.
- Uncover and increase to medium heat. Add potatoes and stir-fry for five minutes. Sprinkle amchur powder, cummin powder, pepper powder and kasuri methi. Stir well. Check the seasoning and remove from heat.
- To serve:Remove to a serving dish, garnish with pome-granate and serve with tandoori paratha, bidari paratha or puri.
- Enjoy your Aloo Gobhi Methi Ka Tuk. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top