Making time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Aloo Palak (Indian Potatoes and Spinach):
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 2 large onoins chopped fine
- 2 large potatoes boiled and peeled
- 1 tomato grated
- 2 green chillies
- 1" piece ginger
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. wheat or other flour
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon-clove powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. ghee
- salt to taste
Directions for making Aloo Palak (Indian Potatoes and Spinach) :
- Put the washed spinach in a pan, add very little water (just a sprinkle) and a pinch of salt.
- Cover and boil over a high flame for 2 minutes. Cool quickly, or hold under running water in a colander.
- Put in a mixer, add green chilli and run for a minute. Keep slightly coarse, do not make very smooth. Keep aside.
- Cut the potatoes into big pieces. Heat ghee and fry potatoes till light brown.
Drain the potatoes, keep aside.
- In the same hot ghee add the cumin seeds.
- Add the ginger, onions and fry till very tender.
- Add the tomato and further fry for two minutes.
- Add all the dry masalas and fry till ghee separates.
- Add spinach and potatoes.
- When it resumes a boil sprinkle the flour and stir well. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice.
- Just before serving heat butter in a tiny saucepan and add the asafoetida.
- Pour over the vegetable and mix gently.
- Serve hot with naan or parathas or even rice.
- Enjoy your Aloo Palak (Indian Potatoes and Spinach). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Note: You may use boiled peas, boiled corn kernels or paneer chunks in the above dish, instead of tomatoes.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top