This is a very popular recipe.
Ingredients for Aratikaaya Masala Pulusu (Spiced Raw Banana Curry):
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Salt to Taste
- 4 Raw Bananas (different than unripe bananas we eat)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp Uncooked Rice
Directions for making Aratikaaya Masala Pulusu (Spiced Raw Banana Curry):
- Make Set 2 into a paste (adding a few drops of water) and keep aside.
- Raw bananas should be cut into four pieces each. Remove the skin and keep aside.
- In a deep skillet heat oil, add mustard seeds and when seeds start popping add curry leaves and the above paste (of Set 2).
- Fry on moderate heat for one minute. Add 1.5 cups water, tamarind paste, and the banana pieces. Also add red chili powder, tumeric and salt. Let cook on low heat for 15 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Enjoy your Aratikaaya Masala Pulusu (Spiced Raw Banana Curry). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Note: Some tamarind paste can be very sour, so you may need to adjust according to your taste. You can add a spoon of sugar just before removing from heat.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top