Ingredients for Aubergines in Spicy Gravy:
- 500 gm aubergines
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 100 gm coconut, grated
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 5 green chilies, finely chopped
- 10 gm ginger, minced
- 10 gm garlic, minced
- 5 gm jaggery
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A sprig of curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Oil for frying
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
Directions for making Aubergines in Spicy Gravy:
- Wash aubergines, cut tops and quarter.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry aubergines, skin side in oil, until skin is golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large pan.
- Fry ginger-garlic and onions until tender.
- Add coconut, aubergines, jaggery, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer until gravy thickens.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a sauce pan.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When mustard seeds crackle, remove from heat and pour over aubergines.
- Serve hot.
- Enjoy your Aubergines in Spicy Gravy. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top