Bharwa Bhindi is a very tasty side dish of okra or ladies fingers stuffed with masalas and then sauteed in oil.
Ingredients for Bharwa Bhindi (Ladies Finger Curry):
- 1 lb Bhendi (ladies fingers/okra), washed
- 1 large onion , sliced finely
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili pwd
- 1 tsp amchoor
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp saunf(fennel)
- 2 tsp dhania pwd
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Bharwa Bhindi (Ladies Finger Curry):
- Make one slit on each bhendi and set side.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and fry the stuffing masala till well browned. Not more than a minute.
- Stuff each bhendi with this masala and keep the remaining aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the cumin seeds and when they splutter add the sliced onions.
- When the onions start browning, add the remaining masala and the bhendi pieces.
- Sprinkle some water and salt and cook covered on a low flame for 30 minutes. Keep turning occassionally.
- When the bhendi is done, take off the stovetop and sprinkle the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve hot with chapati/rice and dal.
- Enjoy your Bharwa Bhindi (Ladies Finger Curry). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top