Bhindi Gojju or Okra Gojju is a dish popular in many south Indian households, particulary in Karnataka. It goes well with chappati, dosa or plain rice.
Ingredients for Bhindi Gojju:
- 1 lb bhendi (okra), cut into thin rounds.
- 3 cups of buttermilk(or diluted yoghurt)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A small piece of ginger, crushed finely(optional)
- 3-4 green chillies chopped finely
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- A pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Bhindi Gojju:
- Apply salt to the bhindi and deep fry in hot oil till dark brown and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds, ginger, green chilles, curry leaves and the hing.
- Fry till the mustard starts crackling.
- Add the fried bhendi and stir for 2 minutes. Take it from the fire.
- Add the buttermilk and salt to taste (remember that the okra is already salted). Mix well.
- Add some water if the gojju is too thick.
- Eat with plain rice and dal.
- Enjoy your Bhindi Gojju. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top