Ingredients for Brinjal Curry:
- 8 Medium size brinjals (not round ones)
- 2 inches Ginger
- coriander-equal to ginger
- 1 tsp tamarind juice( thick)
- 1/2 tsp turmuric powder.
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp Urud dal
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tsp oil
- 5 green chiilies
- 3 red chillies (cut into pieces)
- salt to taste
Directions for making Brinjal Curry:
- First make a paste of green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves nicely.
- Cut the brinjals into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan. Put chana dal, urud dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Allow to splutter. Add red chillies and fry nicely.
- Put the brinjal pieces, salt and turmuric.
- Fry them for a while and cover the pan, with a plate. Put some water in the plate.
- After the brinjals are half cooked, put the tamarind juice, ginger-coriander paste in the brinjal pieces and mix well.
- Close the pan again, but stir it frequently.
- After 5 or 6 minutes, the curry is ready.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves and serve.
- Tastes good with white rice and ghee.
- Enjoy your Brinjal Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top