Chole (also known as chana masala or chole masala) is a North Indian dish where chick peas are cooked in a spicy indian gravy. Popular mainly in the Punjab, it is also widely consumed in North Western India. Chole goes very well with plain rice or with pooris.
Ingredients for Chole:
- 1 teacup kabuli channas
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dhana-jira powder
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon amchur power
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon soda bi-carb
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- salt to taste
- Slices of tomatoes and ginger, chopped coriander and a few whole green chillies for decoration.
Directions for making Chole:
- Soak the channas for at least 6 hours
- Add ½ teaspoon of soda bi-carb and cook in a pressure cooker
- Cut the potatoes and tomatoes into big pieces
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the potatoes until soft.
- Remove the potatoes. In the same ghee add the onions and cook for a little time.
- Add the dhana-jira and chilli powder and fry again.
- Add the boiled channas and salt.
- After 5 minutes, add the garam masala, amchur and black pepper powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Decorate with coriander, chillies and slices of tomatoes and ginger.
- Enjoy your Chole. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top