Preparation time: 2 ¼ hours
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Cottage Cheese Tikka:
- 1 kg cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 ½ tsp black cumin
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup cream
- ¾ cup yogurt, drained
- 2 tbsp gramflour /cornflour
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp saffron
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- Butter to baste
- 2 tsp chaat masala
Directions for making Cottage Cheese Tikka:
- Wash and cut the cottage cheese into 2” cubes (30 pieces).
- Mix the black cumin, white pepper, garam masala, turmeric powder, two-thirds of the lemon juice and salt. Sprinkle over the cottage cheese cubes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix cream, yogurt and gramflour in a bowl, add the remaining ingredients (Except butter) and whisk well to make a smooth batter.
- Add the cottage cheese cubes to this, coat evenly and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 150-175 degrees C.
- Thread the cottage cheese cubes onto a skewer, 2 cm apart.
- Roast in an oven/tandoor/charcoal grill for 5 to 6 minutes, basting occasionally with melted butter.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and the remaining lemon juice. Serve hot, accompanied by a green salad and mint chutney.
- Enjoy your Cottage Cheese Tikka. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top