Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Crunchy Okra:
- 500 gm okra (bhindi)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 3 tbsp gramflour
- Oil for frying
- 1 ½ tsp ginger, julienned
- 2 green chillies, sliced (optional)
Directions for making Crunchy Okra:
- Snip off both ends of each okra, slice lengthwise into four slices.
- Spread all sliced okra on a flat dish and sprinkle evenly with salt, chilli powder, garam masala, mango powder and chaat masala. Mix gently to coat okra evenly.
- Sprinkle gram flour over the okra nad mix in so they are coated evenly, preferable without adding any water.
- Divide the okra into two portions.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok, or a pan till it is smoking.
- Fry one portion coated okra slices, separating each lightly with a fork. Do not allow slices to stick to each other.
- Remove from oil when both sides are crispy and brown in color.
- Similarly, fry the other portion/
- Garnish with julienned ginger and green chillies.
- Serve hot, accompanied by Chappatis.
- Enjoy your Crunchy Okra. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top