Preparation time: 6-7 hours
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Ingredients for Daal Makhani:
- 1 ½ cups black lentils, whole (black urad daal)
- ½ cup butter
- 4 tsp ginger paste
- 4 tsp garlic paste
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 2/3 cup tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp green coriander, chopped
- 2/3 cup cream
Directions for making Daal Makhani:
- Soak lentils for at least 3 hours; best soaked overnight.
- Cook lentils in 1 ½ liters of water over low heat till grain splits. Stir to mash them. Set aside.
- Heat butter, fry ginger and garlic pastes. Add green chillies, tomato puree, salt and chilli powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes, add the cooked lentils along with coriander and cream (leaving 1 tbsp aside). Cook further for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, garnished with the reserved cream and accompanied by any Indian bread.
- Enjoy your Daal Makhani. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top