Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Daal Sultani:
- 1 ½ cups pigeon peas (toovar daal)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup onions, quartered
- 1 tsp black cumin
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 gm saffron, soaked in cream
Directions for making Daal Sultani :
- Wash and soak the lentils for 30 minutes. Drain and boil in water (2 liters), removing the scum that collects on top.
- Reduce heat. Add turmeric (2/3 tsp), salt, cover and cook until the lentils are soft.
- Heat butter in a separate pan, sauté onions, cumin seeds, turmeric (1/3 tsp) and red chilli powder till the seeds crackle. Add cooked lentils, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cream-saffron mixture over the lentils, serve hot, accompanied by boiled rice.
- Enjoy your Daal Sultani. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top