Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Dum Aloo Bhoipuri:
- 600 gm potatoes, small and round
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 5 ½ tbsp onions, grated
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
For the filling:
- 200 gm potatoes, boiled and grated
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
For the curry:
- 3 1/3 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 6 green cardamoms
- 2/3 tsp black cumin
- ¾ cup yogurt, whisked
Directions for making Dum Aloo Bhoipuri:
- Heat the clarified butter in a pan, add half each of the grated onion, ginger nad garlic pastes and fry for 4-5 minutes. Add grated potatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Season with lemon juice and salt. Keep aside.
- Boil and peel the small potatoes. Scoop out centres and deep fry shells till slightly crisp.
- Fill each potato shell with the prepared potato mixture. Cover and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, cloves, green cardamoms, black cumin seed and fry until they begin to crackle.
- Min in the remaining onions, ginger and garlic pastes, stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, stir fry over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir in yoghurt. Cook till the liquids evaporate, stirring regularly. Sprinkle garam masala and season with salt.
- Arrange the stuffed potatoes in the pan. Sprinkle lemon juice, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on very low heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with julienned ginger and accompanied by rice or Masala pooris.
- Enjoy your Dum Aloo Bhoipuri. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top