Dum Aloo is an medium hot vegetarian curry of potatoes cooked in spiced sauce with ginger and yogurt. Originated from Kashmir, Dum Aloo is served as a main dish with steamed rice, naan breads or chapatis, or as a side dish to Indian meals.
Ingredients for Dum Aloo:
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2/3 tsp Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 lb Potatoes
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Capsicum
Directions for making Dum Aloo:
- Heat oil, add bay leaf and onion. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds.
- The potatoes should be sliced, and the tomatoes and cap- sicum cut up. Add these, mix well, and cook for 4-5 minutes, continuously stirring.
- Sprinkle with turmeric, coriander and chili powder.
- Beat the yogurt and blend into a smooth mixture. Add yo- gurt and salt.
- Mix gently, cover and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Enjoy your Dum Aloo. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top