Ingredients for Dum Gobhi (Cauliflower Steamed With Herbs And Spices):
- 1 lb. cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tbspn nonfat plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (see below)
Directions for making Dum Gobhi (Cauliflower Steamed With Herbs And Spices):
- Wash, drain, and cut cauliflower into 1 inch flowerets, including stem.
- Combine chili powder, ginger, tomato, green chili, tumeric with the yogurt in a small bowl. Spray with pam, use nonstick pan, use a little water, whatever you do to nonstick yourself.
- Put cauliflower into pan then pour spices over the top. Cover pan tightly and cook over LOW heat for 10-15 minutes
- Stir in half the cilantro leaves, increase heat to medium, and cook with lid off, for another 5-6 minutes, to drive off excess moisture.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with garam masala and remaining cilantro. Make sure all liquid is driven off, serve with basmati rice.
- Enjoy your Dum Gobhi (Cauliflower Steamed With Herbs And Spices). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
- 2 oz. black cardamom pods
- 1 oz piece of cinnamon stick
- 1 oz. cloves,
- 2 oz. peppercorns
- Heat a heavy skillet, reduce heat, add pods and cinnamon.
- Move them around for two minutes. Add cloves and peppercorn, and shuffle for another minute.
- Turn off heat, but continue shuffling until the heat is out of the pan.
- Pour roasted spices into grinder and grind til you have a fine powder.
- If not fine, strain it, and discard what won't pass through strainer.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top