Erissery is a Kerala South Iindian dish/curry.
Ingredients for Erissery:
- Green bananas or plantains (nenthrakkay) - cubed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 cup coconut, grated (may substitute dessicated coconut)
- 1 tbsp coconut for garnish
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- a few curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
Directions for making Erissery:
- Soak the cut plantains in warm water mixed with half teaspoon turmeric for ten minutes.
- Drain and cook the plantains with the remaining turmeric and salt.
- Grind the coconut well with cumin and add to the cooked plantains. Let it simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and pop the mustard seeds.
- Add the urad dal and the coconut reserved for garnish and stir till browned.
- Add this mixture to the eriserry and mix in the curry leaves.
- Enjoy your Erissery. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top