Gobi Manchurian is originally a chinese dish that has been localized by Indian Restaurants. Gobi Manchurian can be served as an appetizer or a dry side dish itself.
Making time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Gobi Manchurian:
- 1 medium. cauliflower clean and broken into big florettes.
- 1 small bunch spring onoin finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 tbsp. cornflour
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli powder
- 2 red chillies, dry
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. milk
Directions for making Gobi Manchurian :
- Boil the florettes for 3-4 minutes in plenty of water, to which a tbsp. of milk has been added. Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
- Make thin batter out of flour and 2 tbsp. cornflour, adding 1/4 tsp. each of ginger and garlic and red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Dip the florettes in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions.
- Stir fry for a minute. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp. cornflour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
- Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling.
- Boil till the gravy becomes transparent. Add florettes and soya sauce.
- Boil for two more minutes and remove.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.
- Enjoy your Gobi Manchurian. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Dry manchurian can be made by omitting the gravy.
- Make florettes as above and instead of adding water as above, add fried florettes, spring onions and soya sauce at this stage.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. cornflour on the florettes and stirfry for 2 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with toothpicks or miniforks and chilli garlic sauce or tomato sauce.
- Same procedure for veg. manchurian (with gravy or dry), but instead of using only cauliflower, use finely chopped minced vegetables and bind with some cornflour or bread crumbs and make small lumps the size of a pingpong ball.
- Fry as above and proceed as above.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top