Gobi Manchurian is originally a chinese dish that has been localized by Indian Restaurants. Gobi Manchurian can be served as an appetizer or a dry side dish itself.
Ingredients for Gobi Manchurian:
- 1 small Cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves, chopped finely
- A pinch of saffron (or red coloring), dissolved in milk
- 2-3 green onions (scallions), chopped finely (If you cannot
find green onions, you can substitute with white,
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of cornflour , dissolved in water
- 1 tablespoon chapati atta(wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of cornflour
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying the cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon oil for sauce
Directions for making Gobi Manchurian:
- In a large bowl,combine the chapati atta, rice flour, 1/2 cup cornflour, baking powder, salt, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon garlic/ginger paste, 1 tsp chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon green chilli paste. Mix well with water, till you get the consistency of thin batter.
- Dip the cauliflower flowerets in this batter and deep fry in oil, drain and set aside.
- In a open pan, add some oil and when it smokes add the remaining garlic and ginger paste.
- The minute it starts turning brown, add the chopped onions and fry only till they start becoming translucent.
- Now add the chopped garlic and green chilli paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the soy souce and stir for a minute.
- Bring down the heat and then add the cornflour-water paste and the red coloring.
- The mixture will start to thicken......keep on stirring on low heat and when the mixture turns thick enough, add the chopped corainder leaves and stir for 20 seconds. The leaves should not lose thier color.
- Take this mixture from the heat and pour it onto the fried caulilower.
- If you desire, you can add the cauliflower when the mixture is in the pan itself in the last stage. But this will turn the cauliflower soggy. It all depends on how you like to eat the Cauliflower manchurian...soft or crispy...
- Enjoy your Gobi Manchurian. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top