Gotsu goes well with Ven Pongal, Dosas or Idlis.
Ingredients for Gotsu:
- One small to medium eggplant
- 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste or extract from a tamarind size marble, soaked
- one large onion, chopped (if using little ones in a bag, about five)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 6 hot green chilles, slit and cut into pieces
- curry leaves
- 1 tspn mustard
- 1/2 tspn turmeric
- garlic (optional)
- salt to taste
- 3-4 tbspn oil
Directions for making Gotsu :
- Chop the eggplant into very tiny pieces.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when popping add curry leaves, chillies, onions and fry till onions become transcluscent. Add tomatoes and eggplant and fry for another five minutes.
- If using tamarind paste add a cup and half of water, or pour equal quantity of extract from fresh pulp.
- Throw in the turmeric, salt and garlic. Let it simmer for a while until eggplant becomes really soft and is barely able to retain its shape. Remove from heat.
- Add more chillies if necessary.
- Enjoy your Gotsu. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
For Tomato-Onion Gotsu - More tomatoes can be substituted instead of the eggplant for a tomato-onion gotsu.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top