Ingredients for Gramflour Dumplings in a Tangy Yoghurt Curry:
- ½ cup gramflour
- 1 ¾ cups yogurt
- salt totaste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of soda bi-carbonate
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- 5 green chillies
- 4 tbsp groundnut oil _ for frying
- 150 gm potatoes, cut into rounds
- 150 gm onions, cut in ¼” thick rounds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 4 red chillies, whole
Directions for making Gramflour Dumplings in a Tangy Yoghurt Curry:
- Whisk yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and half the gramflour together in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Sieve the other half of gramflour and soda bi-carbonate together, add the carom seeds and enough water to make a thick batter. Beat well.
- Add green chillies.
- Heat enough oil in a kadhai or wok to deep fry.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the batter in the oil to get 1 ½” puffy dumplings.
- Fry till golden brown on all sides. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat oil (3 tbsp) in a handi (pot), add the yoghurt mixture and water (3 cups). Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid the yogurt from curdling.
- Add potatoes and onions, cook till potatoes are tender.
- Add dumplings, simmer for 35 minutes, remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil (1 tbsp) in a small pan. Add the cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds, sauté till they crackle. Add whole red chillies, remove from fire and pour this tempering over the hot curry.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander and accompanied by boiled rice.
- Enjoy your Gramflour Dumplings in a Tangy Yoghurt Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top