Ingredients for Green Gravy:
- 4 cups spinach chopped, washed and drained
- 1 cup bottle gourd grated
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ginger grated
- 2 tsp. wheat or millet flour
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp. cheese grated (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 pinch soda bicarb
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon-clove powder
- 3 tbsp. oil
Directions for making Green Gravy:
- Take spinach in a large vessel, add gourd and soda. Toss to mix.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp. water all over it. Cover and put to boil on high, for 3 minutes.
- Cool in a plate or run under tap water to cool.
- Put in a mixie, add chillies, flour and a few pinches salt. Run till semi-smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, stir.
- Add cinnamon clove powder, and stir.
- Add onions, stir fry till light pink.
- Add blended spinach mixture, all other ingredients except cheese.
- Stir and allow to cook till thick or 3-4 minutes.
- Add prepared vegetable at this stage. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Garnish with grated cheese before serving.
- Enjoy your Green Gravy. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Goes well with: Veggies like peas, baby corn, french beans, potato chunks, etc.
Makes: 2 cups gravy (approx.)
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top