Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for Hyderabad Chilli Curry:
- 1 cup green chillies (large), slit lengthwise and deseeded
- 4 tbsp tamarind
- ¼ cup coconut, desiccated
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 3 2/3 lbs sesame seeds
- 4 tsp coriander seeds, roasted
- 4 tsp cumin powder
- 2 ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 kg onion paste, browned
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 ½ cups oil
- 2/3 tsp mustard seed
- 2/3 tsp onion seed
- 20 curry leaves
- 2/3 tsp cumin seeds
Directions for making Hyderabad Chilli Curry:
- Soak tamarind in warm water for 10 minutes, squeeze out water, retain the pulp.
- Broil the coconut, peanuts and sesame seeds. Grind to a fine paste. Mix in coriander seeds, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, browned onion paste and ginger and garlic pastes.
- Fill this prepared paste into the slit green chillies. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok, fry the green chillies to golden brown. Drain excess oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil, sauté the mustard seed, onion seed, curry leaves and cumin. Stir in left over ground paste and tamarind pulp, cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the fried green chillies, simmer for another 10 minutes and serve hot.
- Enjoy your Hyderabad Chilli Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top