Ingredients for Paneer Tikka:
- 500 gm home-made cottage cheese or paneer
- 1 thumb size piece ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 whole cardamom, crushed
- ¼ tsp powdered cloves
- ¼ tsp powdered cinnamon
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Ghee or butter
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
Directions for making Paneer Tikka:
- Blend onion, ginger, garlic in blender.
- Blend, further to a smooth paste with cream cheese and yogurt.
- Mix in all the ingredients.
- Cut cheese in cubes and marinate in yogurt mixture.
- Let stand for half and hour in a large saucepan.
- Heat onto a serving platter, dot with butter and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot.
- Enjoy your Paneer Tikka. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Variation: For Chilli Mock Duck: Substitute Mock Duck for cheese cubes. Mock Duck should be washed in hot water containing a juice of half a lemon before cooking.
Another variation is Spicy Beancurd – Substitute deep fried cubes of soft beancurds for cheese cubes.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top