Majjige Huli is a simple and typical Karnataka (South Indian) curry prepared with buttermilk or curds served with steamed rice.
Ingredients for Majjige Huli:
- 5 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 7-8 green chillies
- 1 cup fresh coconut, shredded
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tsp oil for seasoning
Directions for making Majjige Huli:
- Cut the beans into longish pieces. Boil in a little water till done. Drain and set aside.
- Blend together the coconut and green chillies.
- Add this paste to the buttermilk and mix well.
- Add the beans and salt to taste. Dilute with some water if needed.
- Bring to a boil on a low flame.
- Season with mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
- Other vegetables like eggplant,cucumber,cayote etc can also be used for this preparation.
- Enjoy your Majjige Huli. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top