Malai Kofta is a rich vegetable balls curry made with cheese mixed with mashed vegetables.
Making time: 45 minutes
Makes: 10 koftas with gravy
Ingredients for Malai Kofta:
- 125 gms. cream
- 75 gms. khoya or paneer
- 150 ml. milk
- 50 gms. cashewnuts
- 3 tsp. white pepper powder.
- 2 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. garlic crushed
- 1" cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 6 cardamoms
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp. ghee
- 50 gms. khoya
- 50 gms. paneer
- 5 medium potatoes
- 20 gms. cashewnuts
- 20 gms. raisins
- 4-5 green chillies chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 tsp. coriander chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. grated cheese or paneer
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
Directions for making Malai Kofta:
- Boil the potatoes, peel and smash them.
- Mix together all the ingredients except raisins and cashews.
- Take a ping-pong ball sized dough in hand. Flatten.
- Place 2-3 cashews and raisins in the centre and shape into a ball.
- Repeat for remaining dough. Keep aside.
- Roast the cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and cloves together.
- Dry grind and keep aside. Wet grind all the other ingredients, except ghee, to a paste.
- Heat ghee in a skillet, add powdered spices and fry for 2-3 seconds.
- Add paste and fry further for 5-7 minutes stirring well.
- Add 2 cups water and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Warm the koftas either in the oven or on the tava. Optional: You can deep fry the koftas also.
- To serve place warm koftas in a casserole.
- Either pour boiling hot gravy on the koftas or pour and bake in hot oven of 5 minutes.
- Garnish with grated cheese and chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with naan or parathas.
- Enjoy your Malai Kofta. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top