Malai Kofta is a rich vegetable balls curry made with cheese mixed with mashed vegetables. Malai kofta makes an extra special party favourite. The koftas will melt in your mouth.
Ingredients for Malai Kofta:
- 350 grams (12 oz.) paneer
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 4 chopped green chillies
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- ghee for deep frying
- salt to taste
- 4 large tomatoes
- 100 grams (4 oz.) fresh cream
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- salt to taste
·To be ground into a paste (for the gravy)
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh coconut
- 7 cloves garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 2 red chillies
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons cherongia sapick (charoli)
- 2 teaspoons khus-khus
- 25 mm (1") piece ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Directions for making Malai Kofta:
- For making koftas: Crumble the paneer and knead very well.
- Mix the paneer, plain flour, baking powder, chillies, coriander and salt.
- Shape into small balls and deep fry in ghee. Keep aside these koftas.
- For making Gravy: Cut the tomatoes into big pieces, add 4 teacups of water and cook. When soft, prepare a soup by passing through a sieve.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the paste very well.
- Add the chilli powder and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato soup, cream and salt and boil the gravy for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the koftas. Serve hot with parathas, puris or rice.
- Enjoy your Malai Kofta. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Note: You can add 1 teacup of boiled green peas to the gravy if you like.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top