Ingredients for Matar Palak:
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 medium sizwd tomato
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium sized boiled potato
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- A pinch of asofetida
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Matar Palak:
- Cut spinach leaves and wash them properly.
- Boil the cut spinach for 10 minutes in a very little amount of water. Allow to cool for sometime.
- Grind the cooled spinach along with the green chillies to a fine paste. This paste must be semiliquid.
- Chop onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Cut the boiled potato into evenly shaped cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and asofetida.
- Add the onions, peas and tomatoes.
- Fry for 2-3 mins. Add the potato cubes and allow to cook on medium flame for 5 mins.
- Once the onions and tomatoes are cooked, add the spinach-chilli paste to the above.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Simmer it for 10 mins.
- Tastes good with rotis/parathas.
- Enjoy your Matar Palak. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top