Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Minced Peas and Potatoes:
- 1 ½ cup peas, minced
- 5-6 potatoes (small), diced
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 ½” piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 6 cloves, ground
- 2 cinnamon sticks (1”), ground
- 6-8 peppercorns, ground
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp coriander, fresh
- 1 tbsp garam masala
Directions for making Minced Peas and Potatoes:
- Blend the green chillies, ginger and tomatoes to a puree. Set aside.
- Heat clarified butter (4 tbsp) in a kadhai or wok and brown minced peas till the oil separates. Set aside.
- Heat clarified butter (! Tbsp), add the cumin seeds, fry for a few seconds. Add the browned peas paste, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, ground coriander, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the green chillies, ginger and tomato puree, bring to a boil.
- Mix in the diced potatoes and cook till potatoes become tender.
- Season with salt and garam masala, garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
- Enjoy your Minced Peas and Potatoes. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top