Ingredients for Mixed Vegetable Kofta in Tomato Curry:
- For the Koftas you need
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Green Beans cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup Carrots cut in small pieces.
- 11/2 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp. of Red chili Powder
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. of Mango Powder
- 1 Tsp. of Dhaniya Powder
For the Tomato Curry:
- 1 Pound Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 Tsp. Tomato Paste
- 3/4 Cup of water
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp. Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- 2 pieces whole cloves
- 1 Tsp. Ground Ginger
For Garnish :
- Fresh Cilantro or Homemade Paneer
Directions for making Mixed Vegetable Kofta in Tomato Curry:
- Parboil all the vegetables for 10 minutes. Let them cool for 20 minutes.
- Mix all the spices (except salt) and vegetables in a bowl.
- Add salt to Gram Flour and add it slowly to the mixture. Keep on mixing it with your hand. Do not add water.
- Add Gram Flour till you can shape them into small round soft balls.
- Use some oil in your palm of the hand to form the balls.
- Meanwhile heat some oil in the pan. See that the oil is not very hot. Keep Medium Flame.
- Deep fry the Kofta balls. Set them aside.
- For the Tomato curry, I would highly recommend to cook the curry about 3 hrs before you serve.
- Chop the tomatoes in small pieces.
- Cook them with salt for about 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the Tomato paste. Keep on Stirring .
- Add water and ginger and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the Tomato curry.
- 15 minutes before serving, put the Koftas in the serving dish and pour the Tomato Curry. Keep it in the oven at warm till you serve. Garnish with Fresh Cilantro or Paneer.
- Enjoy your Mixed Vegetable Kofta in Tomato Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top