Palak Paneer (Spinach paneer / spinach cheese) is one of the most popular and classic dishes in Indian cuisine worldwide. It is a common dish in Indian buffets. This hearty all time favorite North Indian vegetarian dish is prepared with spinach and Indian cheese (Paneer/ Cottage Cheese - an acid-set unaged cheese).
Ingredients for Palak Paneer (Spinach Cheese):
- 500 gms Spinach
- 5 medium sized onions
- 2-3 flakes Garlic
- 6-7 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Cummin seeds
- 150-200 gms Paneer
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala, Geera Powder, Chilli Powder
Directions for making Palak Paneer (Spinach Cheese):
- Cook the spinach in water.
- Drain the water and then make puree of the spinach leaves.
- Cut 4 of the onions finely and saute them till transparent.
- Grind the other onion and the garlic flakes to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the sauted onions. Also add the puree and the spice powders. Add some water if necessary.
- Let boil for a minute or two.
- Cut the paneer to cubes of desired size (preferably not too small). Fry this in oil till golden brown,
- Add this paneer to the prepared palak.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
- Enjoy your Palak Paneer (Spinach Cheese). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top