Palak Paneer (Spinach paneer / spinach cheese) is one of the most popular and classic dishes in Indian cuisine worldwide. It is a common dish in Indian buffets. This hearty all time favorite North Indian vegetarian dish is prepared with spinach and Indian cheese (Paneer/ Cottage Cheese - an acid-set unaged cheese).
Ingredients for Palak Paneer:
- 3 bunches spinach
- 1 onion
- 25 mm (1") piece ginger
- 3 green chillies
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 225 grams (8 oz.) paneer
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Ghee for deep frying
- A pinch soda bi-carb
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Palak Paneer:
- Chop the onion, ginger and chillies finely.
- Chop the spinach finely, add ¼ teacup of water and a pinch of soda bi-carb and cook.
- When cooked, blend in a liquidiser.
- Cut the paneer into small pieces and deep fry in hot ghee.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time.
- Add the ginger, green chillies and turmeric powder and fry again for a little time.
- Add the spinach, paneer and salt.
- Enjoy your Palak Paneer. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top