Pineapple Gojju is a hot, sweet and sour dish and is usually prepared during festivals and weddings. It is made to be eaten with plain rice and dal.
Ingredients for Pineapple Gojju:
- 1 canned (small) crushed pineapple
- 1 table sp sesame seeds
- 1 table sp urad dhal
- 1 table sp channa dhal
- 3 red chillies
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp chick peas
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp tamarind paste
- a small piece of jagerry OR 1 table sp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4-5 table sp's Oil for frying
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
Directions for making Pineapple Gojju:
- Dry fry sesame seeds, urad dhal, channa dhal, red chillies and asafoetida till they all turn roast(frying time 5-6 mins)
- Grind the fried ingredients with green chillies, chick peas, tamarind paste, jaggery (or brown sugar) and grated coconut to a smooth paste (add little water while grinding).
- In the meantime, keep oil in a kadai and let it heat for a minute. Then put mustard seeds and turmeric powder and allow mustard seeds to pop.
- Then put the canned crushed pineapple to it and fry the pineapple for about 15 mins approximately.
- Later on, add the ground paste to the fried pineapple and fry further 10 mins.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Remove kadai from the heat.
- This goes well as a side dish with chapatis or rice & rasam and can be eaten hot or cold.
- Enjoy your Pineapple Gojju. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top