Potato in Curd Gravy is a North Indian food consists mainly of paneer. Paneer is Indian cottage cheese made from whole milk, which is used in variety of Indian dishes like palak paneer, paneer tikka, paneer pasanda, malai kofta, Potato in Curd Gravy, matar paneer etc..
Making time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Potato in Curd Gravy:
- 3 medium. potatoes boiled and peeled
- 1 cup curd or yogurt beaten
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dhania powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves chopped
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. each ginger, garlic grated
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1 tsp. each cumin, mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. oil
Directions for making Potato in Curd Gravy:
- Cut potatoes into big pieces. Mash 3-4 pieces fine with hand. Keep both aside.
- Mix all the dry masala in 1/4 cup water.
- Heat oil. Add the seeds (cumin and mustard). When they splutter, add ginger-garlic, chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the masala mixture and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add beaten curd and fry for 5 minutes or till the curd loses its whiteness. Stir continuously after adding curd.
- Add the remaining water and all the potato and flour. Stir well.
- Boil and simmer for 10 minutes or till gravy thickens
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with thin wheat chappatis and rice.
- Enjoy your Potato in Curd Gravy. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top