Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients for Potato and Paneer Dumplings in Curry:
For the dumplings:
- 3-4 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 500 gm cottage cheese (paneer), grated
- 3 tbsp green coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp mixed nuts, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafetida powder
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely shredded
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Oil for frying
For the curry:
- 2 2/3 tbsp cashewnuts/almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 5 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick (1” piece)
- 4 cloves
- 3 cups tomatoes, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Potato and Paneer Dumplings in Curry:
- Knead the grated cottage cheese till it is of a smooth and creamy texture. Add the mashed potatoes, coriander, mixed nuts, turmeric powder, asafetida powder, ginger, green chillies, dry mango powder, lemon juice, salt and cornflour, knead until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed in.
- Lightly oil you hands and divide the mixture into 12 portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Place all the balls on a tray lined with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok to 175 degrees C. Slide in a few balls at at ime and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove, drain excess oil on paper towel and keep aside.
- For the curry, process together the nuts, ginger, green chillies, ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric powder and enough water to make a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Moderately heat, the clarified butter in a heavy bottomed pan, stir-fry the cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks and cloves for 10-15 seconds.
- Stir in half of the tomatoes and the prepared paste, cook until the liquid from the tomato dries off and the oil separates.
- Add the remaining tomatoes, water and salt. Cover the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the curry has thickened slightly.
- Carefully slip in the dumplings and bring the curry to a boil.
- Spoon out the dumplings into a serving dish, pour the curry on top and garnish with fresh coriander and cream.
- Serve hot, accompanied by any Indian bread and green salad.
- Enjoy your Potato and Paneer Dumplings in Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top