Potato Podimas (Indian style mashed potatoes) is a very simple to make South Indian dish.
Ingredients for Potato Podimas:
- 1 lbs Potatoes
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- a small pinch of Hing
- 6 Green Chillies
- s mall piece of Ginger -
- 1/2 tsp Urad dhalln
- 1 tsp Channa dhall
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- Curry leaves
- a small bunch of Cilantro,
washed and finely chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
Directions for making Potato Podimas:
- Boil potatoes with turmeric and salt.
- Peel skin and mash them and keep it aside.
- Fry mustard, urad dhall, channa dhall, hing, turmeric, curry leaves, red chillies, finely chopped ginger, lemon juice and salt in 2 t.spoons of oil and then add the mashed potatoes.
- Let this cook for a few minutes and then garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy your Potato Podimas. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top