Rajma Curry is the quintessential North Indian dish, that goes well with rotis. It is a favourite from the Punjab
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 6
Ingredients for Rajma Curry:
- 1 teacup red kidney beans (rajma)
- 2 onions, grated
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 500 grams tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- Salt to taste
To be ground into a paste.
- 7 cloves garlic
- 7 green chillies
- 25mm. piece ginger
Directions for making Rajma Curry:
- Soak the red kidney beans over night.
- Next day, cook in a pressure cooker. Drain.
- Heat the ghee and fry the onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the paste and chilli powder and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked red kidney beans.
- Cut the tomatoes intobig pieces, add 2 teacups of water and cook. When cooked, take out athick soup through a sieve.
- Add the tomato soup to the rajma mixture .Add the sugar and salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- Enjoy your Rajma Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top