Rasavangi (Eggplants in gravy) is a very tasty Maharashtrian (North India) recipe vegetarian gravy which is excellent with all kinds of Indian breads.
Ingredients for Rasavangi:
- 2 big-size Brinjal
- 1 cup Toor dal
- 1 tbsp Tamarind(imli) pulp
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to
For the paste (all these ingradients are to be fried dry and ground to a paste):
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp channa dal
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 10 red chilli
- 1/2 tsp haldi powder
- 3 tbsp coconut gratings
Directions for making Rasavangi:
- Cut the brinjal into 1 inch blocks. Boil in water and add all the above except toor dal. The dal has to be cooked separately and finally added to the main portion.
- Seasoning: Fry in oil mustard, toor dal and coconut gratings and add to the main dish. Also add coriander leaves and Kari veppu leaves.
- This dish will have to be made thick and brinjals should not be fully mashed. This dish can be eaten along with rice and chapathis.
- Enjoy your Rasavangi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top