Ingredients for Red Tomato Gravy:
- 2 large juicy ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 small capsicum
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. cashews or peanuts
- 1 tsp. each ginger & garlic grated or crushed
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon-clove powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
- 3/4 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. oil or ghee
Directions for making Red Tomato Gravy:
- Dry roast peanuts or cashews lightly. Dry grind coarsely.
- Semi puree tomatoes and capsicum together. This should be done in a food chopper or grated.
- Chop onions very fine or run in a chopper.
- Heat oil or ghee in a heavy pan.
- Add ginger garlic and stir for a moment.
- Add onions and stir fry till light pink.
- Add tomato capsicum puree, stir bring to boil.
- Add all other masalas, salt, sugar and crushed nuts. Stir.
- Add veggies at this stage. Mix.
- Cover and simmer till gravy is thick and fat starts separating.
- Garnish with coriander before serving.
- Enjoy your Red Tomato Gravy. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Goes with: Vegetables like brinjals, baby corn, potato, stuffed baked capsicum, or cauliflower.
Makes: 2 cups
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top