Sarson Ka Saag is a typical Punjabi (North Indian) dish and a world famous delicacy that tastes really nice with Makki Ki Roti (Indian corn bread) and a dollop of fresh butter.
Making time: 25 minutes (excluding pressure cooking time)
Makes: 3-4 servings
Ingredients for Sarson ka Saag:
- 1 bunch sarson greens
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 onion grated
- 1/2 tsp. each ginger & garlic grated
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp. grated cheese o r paneer (optional)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tbsp. maize flour
Directions for making Sarson ka Saag:
- Chop both greens, wash, drain.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker direct.
- Add both greens, green chillies, stir.
- Add ginger, garlic, stir.
- Add few pinches salt, 1 cup water.
- Pressure cook till done. (2 whistles).
- Mash well.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add onion, saute till brown,
- Add all other ingredients, except cheese.
- Stir well and cook till oil separates.
- Garnish with cheese.
- Serve hot with makki ki roti, or paratha.
- Enjoy your Sarson ka Saag. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top