Shahi paneer is a North Indian food consists mainly of paneer. Paneer is Indian cottage cheese made from whole milk, which is used in variety of Indian dishes like palak paneer, paneer tikka, paneer pasanda, malai kofta, shahi paneer, matar paneer etc..
Making time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Shahi Paneer:
- 250 gms. paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3 tbsp. ghee or butter
- 1 onion chopped into strips
- 1/2" piece ginger chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 4 tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 cardamoms crushed
- 1/4 cup beaten curd
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. grated paneer
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
Directions for making Shahi Paneer:
- Chop the paneer into 2" fingers.
- Heat half the ghee. Add onion, ginger, green chilli and cardamom. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes, covered.
- Add curd and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cool.
- Blend in a mixie till smooth.
- Heat remaining ghee, add gravy and other ingredients except milk and paneer.
- Boil to get a very thick gravy.
- Just before serving, heat gravy, add milk and paneer fingers and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and grated paneer.
- Enjoy your Shahi Paneer. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top