Ingredients for Spicy Lentil Crumble:
- 450 gm gram dal (yellow lentil)
- 1 piece thumb size ginger, chopped
- 6 red chillies
- 1 tsp soda bicarbonate
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
Directions for making Spicy Lentil Crumble:
- Soak dal for at least 6 hours.
- Keep 4 tbsp dal aside and grind the rest with green chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Add 4 tbsp of dal kept aside and mix well with.
- Add soda bicarbonate, turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for at least 4 hours.
- Spread a portion, at a time, on a steel serving plate and steam for 10 minutes or until cooked. Repeat process.
- When all paste is used up the steamed cakes.
- Add sugar lemon juice and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add ginger and continue to fry for a few seconds.
- Add asafetida and fry again.
- Pour this mixture on crumbled cake.
- Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your Spicy Lentil Crumble. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top