Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients for Stuffed Capsicum:
- 10 Capsicums (each 70 gm)
- 4 tbsp oil
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 4 tsp cashewnuts, chopped
- 4 tsp raisins
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 2/3 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 750 gm potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 2/3 tbsp butter for basting
For the sauce:
- 5 tsp oil
- 2/3 tsp green cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tsp onions, sliced
- 10 gm garlic cloves (3)
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 tsp mace powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp cream
Directions for making Stuffed Capsicum :
- Slice stem off the capsicum, remove seeds and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté onions, cashew nuts and raisins over low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add white pepper, garam masala, green chillies, ginger, half of the green coriander, salt and potatoes, stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fill each capsicum with the potato mixture and arrange the capsicums in a greased baking dish. Bake at 175 degrees C for 15-20 minutes, basting with melted butter.
- For the sauce, heat oil in a pan, sauté cardamoms, bay leaf, onions, garlic cloves and tomatoes. Add water (2 cups), cook for 20 minutes. Strain the sauce through a fine sieve. Stir in the mace, salt and cream.
- Remove capsicums from the oven, arrange them on a platter. Pour the sauce over the capsicums, sprinkle remaining green coriander and serve.
- Enjoy your Stuffed Capsicum. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top