Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients for Stuffed Potatoes in fenugreek and Spinach Curry:
- 1 kg potatoes, medium, round
- 3 tbsp mint leaves
- 6 tbsp coriander leaves
- 10 green chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 4 tsp raisins
- Salt to taste
- 6 tbsp oil + for frying
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 400 gm spinach, chopped
- 7 tbsp fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
Directions for making Stuffed Potatoes in fenugreek and Spinach Curry :
- Peel and scoop out a spoonful from the centres of the potatoes, deep fry the shells till they are crisp and golden brown.
- Grind mint, coriander leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds, mango powder, raisins and salt with very little water to make a chutney (relish) and set aside.
- Heat oil (6 tbsp) in a kadhai or wok. Add turmeric powder, tomatoes, spinach and fenugreek leaves. Saute lightly.
- Stir in red chilli powder and salt, cook till the curry thickens. Mix in the yogurt, garam masala, coriander powder and clarified butter.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Blend to a thick puree and reheat.
- Spoon the prepared chutney into the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a shallow dish and pour the curry over them.
- Serve hot, accompanied by vegetarian Biryani.
- Enjoy your Stuffed Potatoes in fenugreek and Spinach Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top