Ingredients for Stuffed Tomatoes and Peppers:
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 peppers
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
Directions for making Stuffed Tomatoes and Peppers:
- Wash tomatoes and peppers. Slice top off tomatoes, scoop out flesh and reserve. Slice tops off peppers and scoop out seeds and pith.
- Heat oil and fry onions until soft.
- Add tomato pulp, garlic, parsley, tomato paste and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add potatoes and stir to blend in the mixture.
- Stand tomatoes and peppers in a plate and fill loosely with potato mixture.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a saucepan.
- Sauté stuffed tomatoes and peppers.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve hot with Indian bread.
- Enjoy your Stuffed Tomatoes and Peppers. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Variation: For Vegetable Sizzlers, place stuffed tomato, stuffed peppers and a slab of home-made cottage cheese on a sizzler serving plate. Decorate with onion rings and lettuce leaves. Just before serving, boil 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan, add a pinch of cumin seeds and carefully pour over stuffed vegetables to sizzle. Serve as snack or main dish.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top